The Guelph – Wellington Branch of the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario (ACO) was first formed in the 1960s, under the leadership of Gordon Couling, a well-respected historian, artist and community activist for heritage preservation. Our local branch currently has over 100 active members.
The local branch is focused on education and advocacy for local heritage architecture and landscapes.
The Guelph – Wellington branch of the ACO is part of the larger provincial organization — the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario – which was founded in 1933. To learn more visit the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario website ACO, visit the provincial ACO website.